SFL is a live CD style distribution that puts the best open source applications within the reach of non-technical users. It was built following these design goals:
* Leave the user alone. Hardware should always be automatically detected and configured without the users help. Software configuration should automatically have sane defaults.
* Keep it small. The distribution should install and run from a single CD.
* Make it useful to normal users. The distribution should be useful to a large non-technical audience.
* Make it familiar. Present the user a familiar interface where they don't have to guess which buttons do what.
* Keep it fun. Make sure audio and video work to the best of their abilities so the users can play games and enjoy multimedia without hassle.